Sunday, September 21, 2014

Teachers are Like Whales

Day 18: Create a metaphor, simile, or analogy that describes your teaching philosophy.


When I was in D.C. this summer at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum I was fascinated by some amazing facts about whales.



I recently reflected on these notes I took while there...

"Whales are mammals who adapted to their circumstances and surrounding. They moved from ocean to land back to ocean. Fossil records traced their transformations."

I jotted down that I wanted to compare the evolution of whales to the evolution of teachers.

--We have to adapt to our circumstances and surrounding too. Teachers must evolve in a way that allows us to function better in our new environments. Even if it's a radical shift like that of the whales. 

Which brings me back to my blog from the other night, Fish CAN Climb Trees! http://bit.ly/Xrnj8o


So what describes my teaching philosophy?

Teachers are like whales! See above. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment