Monday, August 18, 2014

Investigating in the Art Class

Welcome back to school to all the teachers and students across the world that went back today!! I hope everyone had a wonderfully relaxing summer. If you worked this summer like I did, I hope you were able to find some time to take a break from the action. :-)

My theme this year is so exciting and I can't wait to jump right in. I absolutely love the BBC and Sherlock is one of my favorite shows. As you can see from the snapshots below, my art room address has changed to 221 B Baker Street. We now occupy the "Investigative" Art Room of Sherlock Holmes.



This year's focus is on teaching the students how to not just see the world, but how to truly observe it. We will use Sherlock's Science of Deduction as we solve cases and explore the art world. Hiding the Veggies in the art room continues this year as we magnify our learning of core subjects in a fun and creative way.


I would love to see what you all are doing in your rooms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment